Amazon

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Travel Approval!

We received Travel Approval from China!

 We were thrilled when we received the call from our agency letting us know that one of the last pieces of the puzzle had been put into place.

The next step is for our agency to make our visa appointment with the 
US Consulate in Guangzhou and then we can schedule travel. 

We assumed we would be part of either the August 16th or 30th travel group.  Being part of either group would still give us plenty of time to finish up our long to do list before we traveled.
However, along with the wonderful news of travel approval, our agency also let us know that they are hoping to schedule our travel date for August 9th, 
if not sooner.

If not sooner?
Click. Click. Click.
I felt myself slowly moving up the first hill 
of an emotional roller coaster.
As I reached the top, I teetered on the hill for just a moment
before I plunged into a rush of adrenaline.

 Thrilled, exhilarated, excited.
We may be getting our sweet, little guy sooner than we anticipated!
 Nervous, anxious, uncertain.
There's so much to do and I'm not sure where to start!

On my knees.
Pray first.
A perfect place to start.

"God, you are my God
and I will trust in you and not be shaken..."
The lyrics from the song "Still, My Soul Be Still" are now running through my head.  Moving me from the fast curves of the roller coaster to a smooth, calmer ride through the pre-travel phase of our journey.  

"Lord, of peace renew
a steadfast spirit within me, to rest in you alone..."

  It's so easy to fall into a state of frenzied uncertainty,
jumping past the certainty of prayer.
Getting wrapped up in the varied details that don't really matter.
Losing site of the One who does.
How faithful He is to reign me back in each and every time.
I'm so thankful for His faithfulness.

And I'm so thankful for the beautiful lyrics of Keith and Kristyn Getty's amazing song...


3 comments:

  1. If I can help you with anything just let me know, i will be there in a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie! We may take you up on that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! I look forward to meeting the newest Ruprecht. What a blessing you will be to each other!

    ReplyDelete