Amazon

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nesting.

Nesting: the urge to clean, arrange and improve things around the house in preparation for a newborn baby.

My house was never cleaner then when I was pregnant with one of the children.  Each time, I was overcome with the nesting instinct; the incredible need to reorganize closets, alphabetize the spice rack and scrub every square inch of the house.

  I always thought nesting was a unique phenomenon that only affected pregnant mamas-to-be,
but it actually happens to adoptive mamas-to-be too!

I realized that the nesting instinct had fully set in this past weekend, when I 
deep-cleaned the living room armed with a toothbrush.  

Last night I organized and vacuumed the garage and
today, a brand new cleaning project awaits!

With Olivia, Julia, Ross and Ella, I cleaned, organized and prepared as they grew in my womb.
With Logan, I will clean, organize and prepare as he grows in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment