Amazon

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Adoption 101.

When I was pregnant with Olivia, our first child, I read through every baby book I could get my hands on.  By my eighth month of pregnancy I was re-reading many of them, studying them as if preparing for a final exam.

However, there was nothing that could have fully prepared me for the incredible responsibility a beautiful new baby brings.

When we brought her home the books were a wonderful reference, but the maternal instinct that God so generously implants in a mother's heart, became the foundation of my parenting style.

And now, here I am again...
 
 ...reading through as many books about adoption as I can. 

Hoping they will hold the key to making this transition easier for Logan, as he leaves the only home he's ever known. 
 Hoping to glean enough from each book to help him learn to love and trust a family he's never met before. 

And praying that the gift of maternal instinct will shine through...

No comments:

Post a Comment