Amazon

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guangzhou

 
We arrived in Guangzhou on Saturday.
A typhoon had just made it's way through the area before our arrival, leaving hot and humid weather behind. 
Perfect weather for swimming,
or just splashing by the pool... 
 
We've spent quite a bit of time on Shamian Island.
The island is a famous historical area with beautiful parks, restaurants and tourist shops.
 




Of course we found the only Starbucks on the island.

Logan enjoying dinner on the island.


Tonight we enjoyed a river cruise on the Pearl River.
We went with the other families in our travel group.
It was a beautiful night and the view of Guangzhou was breathtaking.

 


 I'll soon post an update on Logan and how his transition is going,
but for now here is one last picture of our sweet boy and
a story about a new friend...
 
 
Jenni's Story
This is our new friend Jenni who we met while walking along the streets of Shamian Island. 
She was with her four year old son and stopped to ask about Logan. When I told her that Logan is our fifth child, she said that I had very good luck.
I told her that it wasn't luck, but that each child was a blessing.
Jenni asked what a blessing was, she said she had never heard that word before.  I told her that each child was a gift from God.
Her face lit up and she quickly showed me her necklace, pointed to the cross and said, "I know Jesus too, I am a Christian."
She took us to her store where we met her husband.  She told me the story of how she and her husband met at the church on the island, the church where they eventually would be married.
She said that her husband plays the calabash flute at the church each week. 
He played a song for us and it was a privilege to hear him play, he's an amazing musician.
Before we left, she gave me, Olivia and Julia each a bracelet that had a traditional family ball charm on it. 
She said they were gifts from her because we were her family in Christ.

3 comments:

  1. So special! Praise the Lord! Looking forward to seeing your son! What a blessing to meet someone in the family of Jesus Christ! What memories! Can you tell I am excited for your family!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing you wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that God has sent you to Logan. He is beautiful and I believe he will enjoy being a member of your Loving Family.

    ReplyDelete